Timeless Treasures

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

No diamonds, no servants... How do they live?!

Twilight
    Twilight

Character Count : 11

No diamonds, no servants... How do they live?! Empty No diamonds, no servants... How do they live?!

Post  Twilight Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:37 pm

"Ugh!" a white wolfess grunted as she stumbled on a rock that was in her way for the zillionth time. "Why are they always in the way?!" she complained, and clambered on ahead, trying to find at least some form of civilized life here. At least the scenery ws beautiful... Or at least it would be to the normal wolf. But this wasn't a normal wolf. This was one who had been pampered and spoiled her whole life, and now she's attempting to survive by herself out in the wilderness. Great. Why didn't she just lay down and die right there? Kira's paw crushed a twig in her path, which startled a bird nearby in the tall grass and wildflowers. The animal exploded into a fluttering mass of feathers and squaked loudly, making Kira yelp and jump nearly ten feet. "Anyone around here ever heard of Manners?" she shouted after the creature as it flew away, sqwaking a complaint all the way. "I need Sarah. She always brought the best food," the wolfess muttered to herself, hearing her stomach growl loudly. "Where can I find some decent broiled chicken around here? Or my favorite turkey with the side of gormet dog treats? And is there ANYONE around here who's CIVILIZED?" She added, yelling at no one in particular. When there was no reply, she sighed and trudged forward, wincing at each step. "No diamonds, no servants, no silver trays, no bows and pillows... How does anyone live like this?!"
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

No diamonds, no servants... How do they live?! Empty Re: No diamonds, no servants... How do they live?!

Post  shadowwolf445 Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Paws where running across the the meadow chasing a small fawn that decided to wonder away from its mother. the decsions was a bad one for now the wolf known as Acerberus ambushed the fawn, surpising it. It was now running fro its life doing what ever it could to get away from the brown mass that was gaining on it. Acerberus dug his claws into the ground gaining more momentum, he closed in on the until he was close enough to trip it up. his paw reach out for its leg but the fawn quickly darted out of the way causing Acerberus to tumble onto the ground. He growled and quicly got back up again giving chase once more. the fawn ran towards the trees, But Acerberus was oce again catching up to it. the fawn glanced back, its eyes filled with terror. It turned its attention back to the ground ahead of it only to another wolf. the fawn Stood on to hooves surpised by the other wolf. Acerberus took the chance to tackle the fawn, sinking his teeth into it neck killing it. he raised his head and licked the blood from his maw, He turned around facing the new wolf. His necklace swung his movements, he curled his lips the wolf and growled, What are you doing here, this are my hunting grounds!"
    Twilight
    Twilight

No diamonds, no servants... How do they live?! Empty Re: No diamonds, no servants... How do they live?!

Post  Twilight Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:40 pm

Kira was just about to flop down and rest when a loud noise came from behind her. The white wolfess turned quickly and saw a baby fawn with obvious terror in it's eyes. At first, Kira was confused why would it be scared? then a huge dog tackled the creature into the dust, sunk it's fangs in it's neck easily, and killed the animal before it was even able to struggle. Kira lowered herself and flattened her ears, her diamond-like blue eyes widening in fear. Despite the terror, she let out the best she could do for a snarl, which wasn't much. The male was easily twice her size and covered in scars which told her he was no stranger to fights. But the necklace caught her eye. It wasn't fabulously sparkley and covered in diamonds and rubys like she liked... It was simple. Not like her elaborate and highly expensive collar she sported. So, instead of answering his comanded question, she asked one of her own typical questions. "Where did you get that thing?" she asked, standing a bit aller and nodding to his necklace that clung to the male's neck. "There aren't any diamonds or rubies on it... How can you stand to wear something like that?" Of course she'd skip straight to the jewelry. She'd known not much else besides that her whole life.
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:06 pm

Acerberus cocked his head to the side, "Huh?" he answered in a confused state couldn't she understand what he was saying, why would she want to know about his brother's fang to others it was nothing special and few asked about it. though he never gave them a real answer what he possessed was the last thing he has to remember his brother by. With his brother's fang around his neck it always felt like he was close by, "That is none of your business wolf and what are u carrying on about diamonds and rubies. Those are no help, you can't use them for anything so why would i wear such a useless thing, now tell me Why are you here." She was an odd one no wolf every spoke of things such as diamonds and rubies those where just things humans seemed to wear for no reason at all. And that strange collar on her neck seemed to be full of diamonds this could not be a normal wolf, "Where do you come from wearing something like that?" he asked now curious of this wolf.
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Kira's eyes got wider as the male spoke. "Useless?" she echoed in shock. "How are they useless? They're pretty, that's all the use they need," she answered. How strange, she thought. "And fine, don't tell me where you got it. I have the best anyway," she flaunted, tilting her head ever so slightly so that the diamond bone danglingfrom her delicate collar sparkled in the sunlight. "Where do I come from?" she repeated. "From this rich guy's house, that's where. His wife gave me this collar, isn't it pretty?" She wasn't scared of this wolf anymore, though one thing questioned her. "Um... Mr. Dog... Why did you kill that?" she asked, motioning downward at the lifeless fawn lying at the wolf's paws. "It's not like it did anything to you."
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:02 pm

Aceberus head tilted his head to the side even more and his jaw slight hanged open. Being pretty is not a use, how did he ended running into such a crazy wolf. whay was she so obsessed with this objects, they held no value to wolves. So why was she different what made her think so highly of these things, "look i don't care what that thing on your neck looks like, i'm still telling you that they are useless nad if you don't know that now you will find out soon enough." He listened intently about where she was from,A rich guy house? he thought he thought about it for a moment then it hit him. she must have been caught by humans, probably raised by em to if she thinks like this. his thought were interrupted when she began to speak once more, "Mr. dog? i'm no dog, i am wolf ok." he growled. he looked back towards the fawn as she motioned to it, "If you don't know why i killed it you should gi back to your humans cause you won't survive out here." he stated he then turned around and walked over to the deer. his jaws began to tear into its flank.
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:05 pm

Kira shrugged at his words about the necklace. She still thought it was pretty. She watched in disgust as the male tore into the small creature he had just killed moments before. "Your eating... that?" she asked, wrinkling her nose. "And, no, I can't go back. The old man lost most of his money and was about to sell me. I'm worth a lot if you can't tell," she stated matter-of-factly as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. She sat down, hating the way the grass felt against her fur as she did so. She missed her pillows. "So... What is your name then?" she asked, ignoring his growl. "I'm Kira." Then she added, hearing her belly growl again, "And do you know where I can get some cooked chicken out here or something? I'm starving." She had another question but decided to save that one for later.
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:11 pm

Acerberus ripped a chunk of meat from the fawn and chewed it it with his fangs, "well what else am i'm going to eat, if you were listening before i side this is my hunting grounds. I hunt and feed on the animals here." He swallowed the the meat, "Well i guess your in a bind then aren't ya, though i must say u just look like any old wolf to me other then the fact you have some useless thing around your neck." he still couldn't figure out why she valued that stuff and he probably never would, "My name is Acerberus, i don't know what cooked chicken is but if you looking for something it i guess i can give you a little of this fawn i caught i beat its better then your cooked chicken."
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:14 pm

Kira glanced down at the bloodied fawn as the male addressed it and leaned away slightly, still wrinkling her nose, as if it was the most putrid thing in the world. "Um... No thanks. And it's impossible to be better than cooked chicken, unless it's turkey with those soft dog treats..." She wandered off and her belly grumbled at her for reminding it of food. "I'll just wait for someone to bring me something. You can eat... That, but I don't know why you would." Kira lightly tilted her head to the side, finally bringing back her question. "You said before that you aren't a dog, but a wolf... What's that?" she asked. "You look like a dog to me. Bigger, sure, but still a dog." She didn't say it rudely, she just simply had never seen another wolf since she was a pup. And those years were long lost to her by now. To her, she was a dog. Not a wolf. She'd never even heard of the word. Though there were small flickers of herself with pups like her outside like she is now... But she couldn't grasp who they were. She also remembered one larger female who looked almost exactly like Kira did. She remembered the female's comforting scent and warm, welcoming voice... But who was she?
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:44 pm

"turkey with dog treats" Acerberus question, he heard of turkey before they were supposed to be some big bird. But dog treats he had not heard of. he sighed and shook his head, the humans really took the "wild" out of this one. what wolf would turn down a free meal, shrugged his shoulders, "shoot yourself, don't expect anyone to come around and freely hand you food humans around here kill wolves for no reason at all. you would be a easy target with that collar being so shiny, I i don't see how u can put up with that thing." He could not belieave what came from the Kira's maw, how could she not know what a wolf was, she was one. did the humans poison her mind this much, he started to feel sorry for her. living day by day not knowing what you really are, " you..... you really don't know what a wolf is, i thought u called me Mr. dog to make me angry. I mean how could you not know what a wolf is, you are one. though the human scent seems to overpower you natural wolf scent i can still smell it. Dogs are nothing more but pets to humans, most dogs lost the feral side of them choosing to leave with humans." he didn't know how to explain what a wolf was to her, he never came across someone like this before.
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Kira's tilted head tilted even more, and her eyes widened slightly. "I'm a wolf?" she asked, intrigued. "I thought I was just a dog... Like the others that were always outside where I lived." Kira grew silent for a moment, lost in thought. "I knew I wasn't born at his house, but I never knew anything more than dogs..." This was so new to her. She wasn't sure what to say. "I remember a few like me from a long time ago," she started, her eyes staring at the bloodied fawn before her, telling him of her past. Or what she knew of it, at least. "I remember me playing with them... I can't remember who they were though. Oh, and there was another. She was always there for me, always comforting me, always making sure I didn't get into trouble..." Kira's eyes were fixed on the fawn, but if you took a look closely, they were far away; distant. She was trying her best to remember her past and who these dogs--wolves--were.
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:22 pm

Acerberus listened intently as she tired to remember something from her past. from what she could remember seem fragmented like pieces were missing but at least she could remember something, maybe those wolves were once her family or friends she used to be with before she put into a humans home. it was hard to say with so little information to go on, Acerberus kindness begun to show, she needed help there was no way she could survive alone. he had to stay with her, at least until she gained her memories back, "Don't think to hard on it now, it will comeback with time. Now if your going to be staying out here your going to have to learn a few things, such as not being picky about what you eat. just try the fawn if you don't like i find a rabbit or something for you."
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:30 pm

Kira snapped out of her thoughts and looked up into the eys of the male. When he once again offered the fawn, she shook her head. "It looks... Nasty," she complained, curling her lip at the sight of it. "Thanks, though," she added hesitantly, averting her gaze to a rock nearby. She was glad she ran into him; she didn't really know what to do out here. She could feel the weight of the diamond bone that hung from her neck as she moved. It swung gently at the movement, and it was a kind of comfort to her. She'd had it for a while now and it was her most prized posession. Despite the nasty looking fawn, her belly grumbled again and she sighed. But she wasn't going to give up just yet. "So is that really what you eat all the time?" she asked, suddenly horrified.
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:48 pm

Acerberus sighed she was going to have to get over this sooner or later, it was eat this or starve to death it was nothing "Nasty" about it to him. But he guessed it wasn't a normal thing for her, "Fine but you have to eat sooner or later." he turned around back to the fawn tearing more meat from the carcass, she was mwiling to starve herself but he wasn't he hungrily tore into the fawn; covering his maw in blood. his feast was interrupted when Kira spoke once more, "if you man do i eat fawn all the time no i don't mostly rabbits since they are easir to catch but this one strayed to far from its mother and i didn't won't to give up the opportunity to eat this well"
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:56 pm

"You... Kill stuff and then eat it?" Kira asked. This sounded like the strangest thing to her. "There's no one that brings you food or cooks it for you? You have to get- er, catch it yourself?" She didn't know how he could live this way. She certainly didn't know how to hunt, and she wasn't about to go eating something like that. "Back at my place all I had to do was pretty much nothing... I had my own servants who brought me the most delicious food ever. I never had to lift a paw." She sighed, remembering the good times. "I got brushed everyday, too. It was great." Suddenly remembering the lack of all things civilized out here, she hesitated. "There... Aren't any brushes out here are there?"
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:09 pm

Acerberus tongue run along the side of his maw cleaning the fawn's blood, "well of course, i can't eat it while it is alive now can I" he answered. He shooked his head and chuckled as she went one, "No one has ever brought me any food except my brother other then that i have always caught my own food." He tilted his head to the side as she spoke about how she used to live, " well i could never live like that i don't like being cooped up in a place and doing nothing all day but the food being brought to you part doesn't sound to bad." he admitted "you were brushed everyday? well i don't know what a brush is but i;m sure there are none out here sorry to say your just going to have to get used to life without human care."
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:49 am

"This place sucks," Kira said simply, sighing to herself. No brushes either? She was going to die. "Where is your brother?" she asked suddenly. "Shouldn't he be here with you? What about your mom or dad?" Her head was filled with questions; this was a new life, almost the complete opposite of what she'd come from. At least he was here to answer some of them for her... Even though she hated every answer.
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:10 am

Acerberus shook his head, "it isn't so bad here there is plenty off food eat and their is a small lake close by which you could drink from." then again she might find that disgusting as whilehe thought. he turned around and lowered his about, about to take anothe bite out of what was left of the fawn. but his fangs halted when he heard her ask about his parents and brother. he never told anyone about them before and he wasn't sure he wanted to talk about it now.he raised his head and turned around to face Kira, "They..... hmmmmm" his voice trailed off as he thought of idea to avoid talking about them, "i'll tell you what if you can eat one mouthful of this fawn i'll tell you about them"
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:47 am

Kira narrowed her eyes at the male. "I told you I'm not going to eat any of that," she said simply, refusing to come any closer to the animal. Instead, she decided to have some fun with him. Getting to her paws, she trotted over to him and circled slowly, brushing her tail under his chin and along his back as she did so. Her crystal-like blue eyes filled with innocence and beauty, and she finally rested her head under his. She burrowed her head into his neck fur, gently nuzzling him. "Come on, why won't you tell me?" she asked quietly with a hint of playfulness. She'd done this to all of the dogs back where she used to live, but she'd never done it to a wild wolf before. She knew she was pretty, but she never flaunted it unless she wanted something. Remembering the way he brutally killed the fawn with one bite, she hoped this went well.

(... xD)
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:17 am

Acerberus chuckled at kira, he dodge that bullet without too much trouble just as he expected he would. Her being so stubborn worked to his advantage. but then something changed about her, she approched him and starting to move about him. he movements were slow allowing him to study her looks, he had to admit for a wolf that was human raised she looked very pretty. He stiffened as her tail brushed his chin and moved down his back as she came back around in front of him he was able to she her pure blue eyes, on could lose themselves staring into them. his stiffness soon melted away as she nuzzled his neck fur, for a moment he rested his head on top of hers'. it had been so long since he was in the company of another wolf and the contact reminded him of how close him and his brother used to be. he sighed and pulled away from Kira, he turned away from and walked a few step away from her and sat down. he looked at the ground, his ears flat on his skull, "i'm sorry bu its personal, and i don't even know or even trust you to even think about talking about it with you. but you could still eat the fawn and i'd tell you"
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:31 am

For a moment Kira felt Acerberus' head rest atop hers, and she grinned, but, unfortunately, he moved away and sat down. Kira gave a short, frustrated sigh as he mentioned the fawn again, and the fact that he still wouldn't tell her. This just made her want to know even more. Giving a long, sidelong glance at the fawn, Kira lowered her ears and lifted her lip as if she could taste it already. Taking a few delicate steps toward the dead animal, Kira growled and mumbled to herself quietly. "Fine..." she said simply, her eyes locked on the open shoulder. Tenderly, she stuck out her pink tongue and licked it. Wincing slightly at the lukewarm meat, she rocked back and sat on her haunches, grinning at him. "There. I tried it. You happy?"
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:41 am

Acerberus turned his head enough so he could see what Kira was doing. he wasn't sure if she was going to make another attempt like that again or just give up. he knew she wasn't going to eat the fawn, at least not yet anyway. his ears went back to their normal postion when he saw her moving towards the deer, was she really going to eat it, he had not expected her to actually eat it he watched as she reluctantly lowered her had and licked the meat in the carcass. a smile creased his maw once she asked her question, "well thats a start but i said you had to eat one bite not just lick it"
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:21 pm

Kira gave him a frustrated sigh and stubbornly turned her head on the free meal. Her stomach growled at her, complaining for food, but she refused to eat that. "Well then it looks like we're stuck here 'cause I'm not gonna eat any of it," she stated matter-of-factly. Reluctantly, she turned her head back to him to ask yet another question. "You said before that humans hunt wolve- Er, us," she corrected, "for no reason. Is that really true?" She completely doubted it. All her life humans had been her best friend, there's no way they'd do that.
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:33 pm

Acerberus stood to his paws and turned his body until he was fullly facing Kira, " you would let such a fine meal go to waste, guess i'll bury it then i can eat finish it off later if i can't find anything to eat." he moved nxt to the carcass, his claws began digging away at the earth. he stopped digging once he heard her ask another question, " i wouldn't say false things. I've seen with my own eyes what humans do to us it would be best to just avoid especially with that around your neck. humans prize those things and i'm sure one wouldn't hesitate to kill you just to get their hands on it."
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:47 pm

"Why would they do that?" Kira asked, moving slightly to avoid the spray of dirt flying from his paws. "I can understand why they'd want my collar, but most wolves aparantly don't have one like mine. There's no profit there, is there?" All of this just seemed so confusing. She wasn't sure she would ever get used to this new life she'd gotten herself into.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:15 am