Timeless Treasures

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warm waters

Twilight
    Twilight

Character Count : 11

Warm waters Empty Warm waters

Post  Twilight Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:44 pm

A dark brown brute floated through the forest, his head low while his muscles rippled underneath his thick pelt as his massive paws carried him closer and closer to the creek. The male's tail moved from side to side ever so slightly with the movement of his pace. Why am I even going to the creek? he asked himself. I can't even fish. As if an answer to his thoughts, he felt, as well as heard, his stomache rumble, reminding him that it needed food. "Oh yeah," he sighed, continuing his trek to the creek. "Because I can't find anything else."

Finally, the wolf reached the sparkling creek. Hunter felt his spirits lighten as he neared the water's edge and lowered his head to lap up the warm water. Sheesh, are there enough fish here? he asked himself, glancing up at the rest of the creek where dark shadows flitted through the water. Even I could catch at least one , right? he asked himself, and raised his head to get a good view. Hunter neared one large shadow in the water, his head close to the water's surface. He froze in place, not moving at all, waiting for the perfect time to strike. The shadow moved closer slightly, and the brute lunged forward quickly, baring his fangs to the clear waters. But they clasped on nothing but water and wet soil. Hunter raised his head quickly and shook it, opening his maw, his tongue lolling out as he tried to rid himself of the taste. No wonder I never go fishing, he muttered to himself.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:21 pm