Timeless Treasures

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Looking for Something

Spizzy
    Spizzy
    §
    §

Played By : STUDENT! NUUU!
    Male Age : 31
    Character Count : THREEEEEE!

Looking for Something Empty Looking for Something

Post  Spizzy Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:21 pm

Looking for Something SpizzyTTBanner

Spizzy hurried through the omnipresent willow trees that barred his progress towards whatever he was looking for.

"Gotta hate these Long Branchy trees..." He muttered to himself, referencing the Willows and their spindly, thin foliage that came down from above. "The branches make it hard to see where you're going. It wouldn't be too hard to get lost."

The irony of Spizzy's statement was that, in reality, he knew not where he was headed, or what to expect when he got there. In reality, he picked a random direction from the Big Noisy structure from whence he came, and walked. This was not completely unusual for Spizzy - he once tried to cross a lake just because it was an obstruction to where he was going. And he almost made it across, except the lake currents swept him off course, and he ended up farther away than he intended.

He kept walking, looking for signs of life, but the only things he encountered were the plethora of willow trees, and once, an earthworm. "If anything is out there that doesn't want to eat me, please say something!" He yelled as he walked, more joking than serious, but he got a feeling that as he said that, he just might encounter someone for real.

Last edited by Spizzy on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Twilight
    Twilight

Character Count : 11

Looking for Something Empty Re: Looking for Something

Post  Twilight Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:42 pm

Silent, white paws walked lazily through the woods, weaving the snowy white body through the foliage and the willow trees that could be found in this busy forest. Everywhere his warm brown eyes looked, there seemed to be life. Mice, deer, birds, chipmunks, and every other woodland animal one could imagine. He could hardly believe it had been a few days since he'd last eaten. His ever-rumbling belly reminded him of that every second it had.

Kio sighed and continued his lazy gain through the wooded area, brushing past a thorn bush decorated with beautiful vibrant red roses dotted on it's surface. His scuffling paws spooked a nearby rabbit, which darted in front of him right into a small dark circle in the ground not too far away where he was walking. Coming to an abrupt halt, he grinned to himself and gazed down at the hole in appreciation.

Easy meal.

Scoffing at himself at what he'd just thought, his white paws carried him closer to the dark crevasse. There was nothing such as an easy meal out here in the woods. Everything had to be earned with hard work; nothing was given out freely. And if one were to forget that, they'd be dead.

Lifting one ivory paw, he removed earth from the base of the hole in the ground, making the enterance larger. Lowering his head, he proceeded to stuff his nose in the darkness and inhale deeply, drawing in the scent of the rabbit. Raising his head again, he put both front paws to work and started digging. Unfortunately he wasn't able to work long enough.

A loud voice nearby completely distracted the german shepherd from his job and he stood motionless for a few minutes before he heard it again. Hesitating above the hole, his shadow looming over the dark spot in the soil, he finally let his curiosity guide him and let his paws lead him to the source of the voice. It would have taken him ages to dig out that rabbit anyway.

Peering through the foliage, he saw a black male wolf not too far in front of him. The wolf seemed lost and a bit winded, but it was still bigger than he was. Once again scoffing at himself, he pushed his way through the cover of the leaves to confront the stranger. Nothing he couldn't handle, right?

"Can't guarantee I won't eat you, but seeing as I haven't had a decent meal in a few days, you're starting to look apetizing," Kio sneered, setting a smirk in place of his previous grin.
    Spizzy
    Spizzy
    §
    §

Post  Spizzy Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:11 pm

"Woah! I'm magic!" Spizzy exclaimed! More surprised by the newcomer than afraid, he turned around. Expecting a wolf like him, only bigger, he encountered something entirely new to him: something that looked very much like a wolf, but a little smaller, and appeared far less ferocious! "Hullo there! I see you've been digging!" Spizzy remarked, noticing the white things paws. "Catch anything? Well, it doesn't matter anyway. I'm Spizzy! And actually, I think I taste quite bad, if you want to know the truth." He sat down, and watched a white rabbit dart out from the trees in front of him. Standing up again, he launched himself at the little blur, and hoped he would catch it. Luckily, the thing was racing towards, not away from him, and he was able to scoop it up.

Quickly, so as to end its suffering quickly, he bit down hard. Red splattered the ground and his muzzle as he penetrated some vein or another with his razor-like incisors. "Ju shaid ju 'aven't 'ad a 'ite 'ately?" Spizzy said, with the thing still in his mouth. "'ant dis thing?"

Last edited by Spizzy on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:37 pm

Kio watched curiously as the wolf reacted. It wasn't what he expected from a wolf, especially after his arrogant first greeting to the newcomer. Slightly tilting his head to one side, he continued to watch the reaction. He's a looney! he thought mentally. Shaking himself, he returned his stuck-up apperance onto his face and took a step forward as the rabbit burst out of the cover and practically died in front of the wolf's paws. "That was supposed to be my kill," he muttered, watching in envy as the male picked up the limp body in his jaws and attempted to speak, which just made his sound even more strange.

"I had been digging for that just before you interrupted, I must say," he said evenly, referring to the bloodied white form in his jaw's. "And you say your name is Spizzy? That's a rather odd name, not that mine is any better." He refrained from saying his name, still not too sure about this wolf to begin with. He seemed odd, nothing like what he'd expect from a wolf that was bigger than he. He'd been expecting some retaliation for his earlier threat, yet instead he treated Kio as if he was one of his buds.
    Spizzy
    Spizzy
    §
    §

Post  Spizzy Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Spizzy continued to watch the thing in front of him. "What an odd looking wolf... It's definitely not like anything I've ever seen before, anyway. But I guess it would be rude to assume he looks funny, just because I've never seen anything like him!" With that final thought, he placed the dead rabbit on the ground and kicked it over to the dog. "Your kill, eh? Well, just remember - if you want something out here, you gotta get it yourself!" Spizzy smiled, but was careful not to bare his teeth. "But I suppose if you've been trying to get it, then it's yours!"

Spizzy sat down once again, and hoped there would be no more animals jumping out of the underbrush. "Ayup. Spizzy's my name. I don't remember when I got it, but hey! A name's a name. As for it being odd, I once knew another wolf named 'Ed'. Ed had died when Spizzy was a pup of a year by chasing a rabbit straight off of a cliff. Funny one, he was... But enough of me! You never did tell me your name!" Keeping his eyes on the new wolf-thing, he rolled onto his side and let out a heavy sigh. "And if you don't mind me asking, what kind of wolf are you? I've never seen a small white wolf like you before. Are you from The Cold Areas? I've heard from loners that there are white wolves in The Cold Areas before. But I've never seen a real one! Or are you just one of those rare wolves born with funny fur?"

"Also - are you gonna eat that? Or are you gonna let the birds get to it?"

//OOC\\Oh my... That's a lot of talking! Spizzy is TOO talkative!//OOC\\
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:26 pm

Kio's confusion only escalated as the wolf kept talking. How strange this one was. He raised one lip only just slightly when Kio was called a wolf. "I am not a wolf," he muttered. "I'm much better than a wolf. I'm a German Shepherd, though the reason as to why I'm white escapes me."

He watched Spizzy lay the limp body of the rabbit to the ground and toss it over to where it lay in front of his paws. Kio only looked at it for a moment, listening to Spizzy speak. Once it seemed the male was finished, he turned his back on the wolf and spoke over his shoulder. "Kio," he answered, and began walking in the other direction. "And you can keep it. I don't take charity," he finished in a less than polite tone. But that was Kio for you; hard outer shell.
    Spizzy
    Spizzy
    §
    §

Post  Spizzy Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Spizzy's opinion of Kio was mixed. On the one hand, he thought the new German Shepherd thing was fun. He was also companionship for whatever Spizzy was looking for. But on the other hand, he thought Kio was too proud, and yet he didn't have anything to show for it. "He has the fangs, but it doesn't seem he has the bite" Spizzy thought to himself. Regardless, Spizzy knew that he would travel with Kio, because if anything happened to either of them in this new found world, they would need support. That, and Spizzy liked Kio more than he disliked him.

"Hey! Wait up!" Spizzy went over the the rabbit and picked it up. Carefully, he bent around and placed the carcass on his back. With slow but steady movements, he began to walk towards Kio, balancing the rabbit between his shoulder blades. "Better than a wolf you say? Hows that? Can you run faster than wolves? Or swim better? Or do you have venom, like those long snakes I try to catch?" Spizzy had been bit by a poisonous snake once, and only because he was exhausted and stopped moving did the venom not spread throuhgout his body as thoroughly as it should have. He did get awfully sick, though.

"And what are you doing here? I mean, besides digging holes and trying to catch rabbits? Speaking of which, if you scared this rabbit out..." He paused to motion with his nose to the dead thing on his back, even though Kio wasn't looking. "If you scared it out, then it was technically a team effort, and this belongs to both of us. But I'm not gonna eat it, and it's just going to rot out here, so you should eat it." Spizzy realized he was changing topics, and asked once again, "But anyways, what are you doing out here? It's a bit out of place for a... whatchamacallit... German Shepherd Wolf?" Spizzy stopped talking, but ran up so he was almost side by side with Kio.
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Kio's right ear swiveled backward at the sound of approaching pawsteps, and, to his dismay, the wolf seemed attached to him already. Kio sighed, but didn't say anything as he continued to weave through the trees of the woods, ignoring the appetizing scent of the rabbit perced on top of Spizzy's back. Why did Kio even confront the wolf in the first place? Pride. That's it. He wanted to show himself to be stronger than a wolf, yet instead of a normal one he ran into a looney.

Zoning back into the one-sided conversation, the wolf really liked to talk, it seemed, all Kio heard was "It's a bit out of place for a... whatchamacallit... German Shepherd Wolf?" Baring his teeth, Kio abruptly halted in his walk, and turned to face the wolf beside him sharply. "I am not a wolf."

Kio's impressions of wolves were stuck-up power-crazy creatures who thought they were better than every other living organism. What the white brute wouldn't give to proove himself in front of a whole pack of them. Respect is what he wanted; acknowledgement from them. They were bigger than he was. But he was as close to a wolf as a dog could get, and he wanted to proove himself to be more than that. He wasn't ashamed of what he was; he took pride in being a dog. He simply wanted to proove that wolves weren't as strong as they thought they were.

And having this one following him wasn't helping. "I am a dog. Get that straight and maybe I won't chew one of your ears off."
    Spizzy
    Spizzy
    §
    §

Post  Spizzy Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:58 pm

"Dog, hmm? Well, I can't say I've seen many of your type before." He decided this would be a good time to take a good look at Kio, so he knew what these dog things looked like, and he wouldn't mistake them in the future.

Aside from being white, Kio was also smaller than Spizzy, but more bulky, and less lean. Other than that, he couldn't tell there were many differences. "Dog, dog... So, if you're not a wolf, what are you doing out here? I thought us wolves were the only ones who lived out here in the wild. I guess since you eat meat, you're not food..." Spizzy thought for a second. "Are you here to look for what brought us here, too?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 am