Timeless Treasures

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

The white beauty

Twilight
    Twilight

Character Count : 11

The white beauty Empty The white beauty

Post  Twilight Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:48 pm

OOC: Fixed by WW. ;D

IC: Massive, powerful paws carried a huge gray brute through the forest at an even pace. Even at the sight of this used-to-be-gruesome foe, it was quite funny. The brute's red/pink tongue lolled lazily out the side of his maw as he galloped through the woods with a large cat chasing after him. Zura glanced up at her wolf and stifled a grin. You know, you sure have changed a lot, Kazu, she said to him mentally through a quick thought. The massive brute obviously named Kazuro glanced down at his anima, and his powerful maw stretched into a grin. You think so? he asked. Zura gave a quick nod and focused on the path ahead of her once again. She would never tell him exactly what had changed him; she was sure he knew anyway. Before any of this happened, it seemed Kazuro was... difficult. Impossible. She honestly thought that he'd have no friends. Besides her, of course. She'd do anything for him. But then Crescent came along. The one wolf that wiggled her way into his heart, and he wasn't willing to let her go. Even after suffering Kazu's wrath she decided to stay with him, and for that, he changed his ways dramatically. He's now the most loyal partner anyone could ask for, and she was eternally grateful to Crescent for that. Plus, she had to admit, she was taking a liking to Whisker, Crescent's anima, too. "You think we're almost there?" Zura asked, not using her ability to speak to Kazuro mentally. "I hope so," Kazuro replied, starting to pant now. "You think Crescent will be mad at us?" he wondered. Zura only smirked. The two of them sent themselves off to find food and bring it back for everyone, but they'd failed to find anything. The sun was going down, but even with that fact she was surprised Kazu had offered to actually give up for the day. "Nah," Zura replied, sure of her answer. Crescent was nice.

And, finally, there she was; the beautiful white wolf that Kazuro had fallen in love with. She was waiting for him, beside the small forest stream where he left her. The brute lifted his lip, letting a smile show on his maw. Zura glanced up and grinned to herself. He was so weird about her sometimes. Closing the distance between them, Kazuro padded forward to rest his head on her neck, gently moving his head up and down lovingly against her soft white pelt. "I'm sorry, we couldn't find anything. We'll try the other direction tomorrow," he apologised, pulling back from her to look into her soft blue eyes that he'd come to love.

shadowwolf445
    @
    @

The white beauty Empty Re: The white beauty

Post  shadowwolf445 Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:30 pm

A delicate white frame sat by a small stream with a small black cat sitting by her side, she was waiting for the wolf that she loved; the one she would never leave. It didn't seem that long ago when she ran away from her home, because of the loss of her brother. Those times were rough on the young female, her mind was clouded with doubt and self pity. she always blamed herself for her bothers death which only added to the deep depression she was in, even now still blames herself for what happned to him. But thanks to Kazuro, she now realizes that his death wasn't her fault but she couldn't help but feel somewhat responsibility. A voice broke into her thoughts, "they should be returning soon, its getting dark."

Whisker had always stayed by Crescent's side no matter how far she traveled during her time alone. She changed so much from that depressing wolf wondering, lost and alone. He never believe that things would have turned out this way looking back to the past. Especially being with Kazuro, when he first saw the male he seemed like nothing more then a brute picking with wolves and if that wasn't enough she was hurt by the male. And yet Crescent followed him anyway, he never knew what drove her to follow him but there lives had changed since that day.

The familiar sound of paws running through the forest signaled Kazuro's return, she stood up facing the direction he would appear. And sure enough he came bursting out of the trees with Zura. She closed her eyes feeling his loving embrace but before he pulled away, " Thats ok i'm sure you will find something tomorrow." She said giving him a lick on the muzzle
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:29 pm

IC: The gray brute only gave her a playful smile and returned her lick with one of his own before lifting his head to peer through the canopy of leaves above to see the darkening sky had gotten ever darker. The forest was washed in twilight and seemed to consume all of the creatures. Already, the darkening forest was growing quiet, and the noctournal creatures of the night were beginning to stir. Kazuro turned ever so slightly and spoke over his shoulder. "We should rest for the night. Maybe you could come with me tomorrow." With those words, the massive form crossed the small creek, only having to submerge one of his paws in order to do so, and seemed to dissapear on the other side. Actually, he entered a fair-sized den that resided close to the stream, but not too close if it were to flood. Zura swiftly followed after him, but instead of joining the wolf in his den, she simply climbed the closest tree and nestled herself in a crook that overhung the dark hole. She puffed up her fur and was ready for the oncoming night.

shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:04 pm

The white fea's pelt glowed under the moon's light, her fur was best shown off at night because of the way it seemed to glow at night. her jaws gaped in a yawn, she waited loyally for Kazuro since he left in search for food. and the day had taken its tole on her, she smiled at the handsome gray wolf, "i would go anywhere with you Kazuro" she spoke as she followed him into their den, big enough for Kazuro and her self to sleep comfortably. Whisker nearlt blended in with the night with his black fur, he watched as the two wolves entered the den to rest for the night; and Zura climb up the tree above it. He padded over to the tree Zura climbed in and looked as if he was trying to see some distant animal. He quickly scaled the tree settling, stopping a few branches higher then Zura and looked up at the starry sky.
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:22 pm

IC: "Oh get over here you furball," Zura called to Whisker with a smile on her face. She could hardly see the black cat in the tree top, even with her inhanced night vision.

~The Next Day~ (? o.O)

The waking sun rose in the sky, chasing the darkness of the previous night away. The nocturnal animals had had their fun, and were now escaping to their dens to awaight the next. Early morning sunlight filtered through the canopy of trees, dappling the forest floor with rays of sunlight, while the golden leaves glowed with the warm rays. Kazuro stirred and opened his heavy eyelids lazily. Stifling a yawn, the brute looked down to see his white beauty lying at his side, still asleep. A small smile spread across his maw, but a scent caught his nose. He looked up at the enterance to see a neat pile of mice and a few birds. He rolled his eyes. You need to stop doing that; we aren't alone anymore. Even though I do like this breakfast, he said silently. I know you do, Zura replied, a smile in her voice. Right above the dark hole, sitting on the very edge of the longest branch, she sat, her tail dangling lazily down while her wide brown eyes watched the rays of sun. I just like to watch the dawn.

shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Whisker nimbly leaped onto the branch Zura was on from a branch that was a good foot away. usually he would be more cautions about doing things like that but behing around Zura and Kazuro changed him a little. He was sure that the change was a positive one, "so that is why your always up so early i always wondered what you were doing." Crescent was awakened from Kazuro's movement she opened her eyes and lifted her head from her paws. She yawned, in contempt of the good nights rest she had, "Good morning" she called out to Kazuro
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:17 pm

OOC: Fixed bai WW. ^^
    Yeah... I'm bored so... DRAMA TAIM. >D Prepare for TEH MONSTER POST OF DOOOOOOOOOM

IC: Kazuro glanced downward again as Crescent stirred, her eyes opening to reveal her beautiful blue eyes again. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," the gray brute said gently. "It looks like you've slept well," he commented, giving a small, playful smile. not caring about holding back his yawn this time, his massive jaws opened wide to reveal his lethal fangs. His head raised slightly with the intensity of this yawn, and when it finally passed an audible sigh was heard afterward. Feeling well-rested, the brute stood to his paws and exited the den, shaking off the loose dirt on his pelt as he proceeded. Kazuro stiffened his shoulders once outside, feeling the warmth of the sun on his back, and stretched each leg in turn. He felt his pelt prickle as he arched his back as if he were a feline. Giving a final shake of his head, the brute turned to the den he'd just left. Normally, or what he'd used to do, he'd try to keep a tough exterior; snarling, bunching his muscles, squaring his shoulders; anything to make him look intemidating. But now he didn't really mind; especially in front of Crescent. She made him feel more peacefull and he felt like he could be himself around her. He didn't have to pretend around her and act tough. So, instead of baring his teeth like he'd normally do, he let his tongue loll out of his mouth and dropped on his front legs in a playful gesture. His lip curled somewhat in a sort of goofy-looking grin.

Zura's ear twitched in responce to the voice behind her. She knew who it was before she turned, and when she did she grinned. Yep, Whisker. "I used to do that when Kazuro and I were alone," she replied. "It'd get him going in the mornings and then we'd go hunt bigger prey. I guess it's just a habit now... I do it every morning." She giggled slightly and then shrugged. "You can have some if you want, it's for anyone really. I already had all I wanted." The feline's ear swivveled backwards at a new sound, and her head followed soon after to see what it was. Zura sighed and rolled her eyes sarcastically. Kazu was so weird sometimes... Oh well. This would be fun. Grinning to herself, she turned to Whisker and said a quick "Excuse me a moment," before launching herself out of the tree straight at the gray wolf below. He didn't even see it coming and a strange yelping sound escaped his jaws. Zura let out a mrrow and the two were wrestling on the forest floor like they'd never done before. She made sure to keep her claws sheathed, just as Kazuro was obviously making an effort to not do any damage to his anima or else he'd feel it too.

The scuffle with the two creatures brought on the attention of another animal; one that was NOT invited and especially not welcome. A monstorous creature loomed from the bushes nearby, shoving past a tree that was in it's way. It's massive claws scraped the tree bark as it's powerful maw opened to reveal huge fangs that could do serious damage to any unlucky creature to find itself in it's grip. The two who were scuffling down below never heard or saw it coming; they were too intent on pinning the other on the ground to realize what was happening. Kazuro's nose twitched and he dodged a deadly blow of the animal's claws just in time. Zura, on the other hand, didn't make it as quick. Her right hind paw got caught under the animal's paw and it's crushing weight came down on her. She let out a yowl of pain and terror as she unsheathed her claws and dug into the earth as an attempt to break free. Kazuro let out a howl of agony as pain shot up his hind right leg; he knew what Zura was going through and he had to act fast. Bear. The massive brown animal had Zura pinned by her leg and was about to bring its large fangs down on the cat. "No!" Kazuro yelled and flung himself at the creature, barreling into it's side with such a force it was able to topple the creature long enough for Zura to escape it's merciless attack. She clawed herself to safety and could only watch for now until she could walk on her paw again. The bear, surprised and now angered that his meal had escaped, turned to the gray wolf who had caused this. Opening it's maw, the creature let out a thunderous roar which seemed to shake the earth under Kazuro's paws. It rang in his ears as the massive animal charged him. Barely dodging the attack, Kazuro regained his balance and looked up to see that he was literally face to face with the bear. It was fast. With unimagineable speed, the bear raised it's clawed paw and brought it down hard on the wolf. Kazuro felt his eyes roll back in his head at the impact, and he felt the breath leave his lungs as he was helplessly flung to the side, hitting the tree nearest to him. Gasping for air, Kazuro struggled to get up again. His vision was scrambled; he could hardly make out the blades of grass that were right in front of him. Desperately, he searched for the soft white pelt of Crescent; she had to go. He knew the history of what happened to her brother, and how that was similar to this, but she had to go. He loved her too much for her to die like this. She couldn't. The bear set it's brown gaze on the pile of freshly killed mice and birds at the enterance of the den. Stumbling over to the pile, the bear reared and roared again, making Kazuro's head spin, as it caught sight of another wolf inside. Kazuro desperately tried to make eye contact with her, but his eyesight was still blurry. He ended up looking at the tree next to the den that Zura had been on earlier. "Crescent..." he panted, his breath still coming in short gasps. "Go, Crescent..."

OOC: OMG I BROKE MY RECORD!11!!!!11!ONE!!!1!ELEVENTY!1! IT'S 1041 WORDS! HOLY CRAPPPPPPPPP! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Crescent nodded her head to the gray brute and smiled at him, "Yes i did sleep well." Since the two had been together she has slept well, being with him just lifted all of the dark feelings she held in her heart. Kazuro the one she loved, he was everything to her. he was all she had left in this life, "it looks you slept well too" she said during his yawn. Her blue eyes watched as he left the den, she to got up but did not leave the den completely. Only enough so that her wings were spread out on the ground, she had not flown in a while and they felt cramped being stuck folded up all the time. the white wolfess closed her eyes feeling the rising sun warm her fur. She opened her eyes looking at the gray wolf, she giggled at his playful stance.

Whisker listened intently to Zura, "Is that so, i did something similar for Crescent when we were alone. Though i had to force her to eat anything." He sighed as his mind wondered back to the past everything was so hard back then, "Things sure have changed a lot from those days. And to think i didn't even like Kazuro when i first met him. But now since i really had to chance to met the "real" Kazu, i'm glad we all found each other." He was caught by surprised with Zura's sudden jumpf from the tree. He looked down to see her landing on Kazu, he sat down and curled his over his paws. chuckling at the two below wrestling on the forest floor, watching the two was quite enjoyable. But something caught his eye from behind the forest's trees and bushes. He strained his eyes trying to make out what it could be, his eyes grew wide in surprise of the bear that pushed passed the trees. heading towards Kazuro and Zura, before he had the chance to warn them the bear was upon them. He looked on helplessly as the bear land pinned Zura with his massive paw. The black cat was ready to dive to Zura's aid but thankfully Kazuro got to the bear before any damage could be done. He jumped down from the tree and sprinted to Zura's side, "Zura are you alright?" he asked worriedly. he examined her leg, it didn't look like she would be able to walk for some time, "Come on Zura lean on me i have to get you out of the way" he said as he turned back to Kazuro just to see him get Knocked against a tree. Things were not good, if this continued Kazuro would be killed. But the now turned his Attention to the mouse and birds in front of the entrance of the the den where Crescent was. His eyes grew wide with fear as he watched the monster move towards the den, "Crescent!" he yowled

Crescent was laughing as Kazuro and Zura were scuffling with each other, she loved mornings like this; having fun with and not having a care in the world. she wished everyday could be this way, she reached out with her paw and pulled one of the birds to her and inched her way back into the den to eat. It was small but it would be good enough to get her going. Her fangs tore through the feathers getting to the delicious meat, she only ate halve the bird before she heard a Yowl from Zura and then Kazuro howling in pain not long after. at first she though maybe they accidentally hurt one another, she stood up and walked to the entrance of the den only to see Zura pinned down by a bear, Crescent's body began to shake in fear. Why did a bear have to show, why now when everything was going so well. her tail went between her legs and her body lowered into an awkward stance. She watched on as Kazuro saved Zura and then knocked into a tree by the bear, "Kazuro" she cried out. Then the bear turned towards her, she quickly slipped back into the den hoping it didn't see her. See closed her eyes tighty as she heard the bears thunderous roar, she reluctantly opened on of her eyes only to see the bear staring right at her, she scrambled as far as she could to the back of the den. The bear used its powerful paws to dig away at the den trying to reach the frightened Fea, "Ka-Kazuro!" she cried. The bear drew closer to her, the brown bear's paw raised and came crashing down on her wing. It pulled on her wing ripping through feathers and flesh she howled in agony as its claws racked her wing.
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:06 pm

OOC: WOO! 802 WORDS! This is AWESOME. I beat my old record AGAIN. LOL

IC: Zura's breathing came in short gasps as she felt the breath leave her body just as Kazuro was hit by the bear. Her amber eyes were wide and filled with terror; she could hardly feel the pain in her paw right now. She nearly jumped when she felt someone beside her, and she wipped her head around to stare into the eyes of Whisker. "Yeah...," she managed to say, her eyes straying back to where Kazuro was desperately trying to gain his footing again. She heard Whisker's voice again and shook her head, quickly disagreeing with his words. "No," she panted. "I... have to stay..." She tried to stand, but her paws gave out on her and she fell. Zura gave a frustrated hiss. "I just have to... Rest a second... I can't leave Kazu," she whispered. She looked up to see the bear towering over the dark hole that concealed Crescent and watched in horror as it scraped the eart away from the entrance, trying to reach the wolf inside. "Crescent!" she yoweled, and tried to stand again. This time, concious of her injured paw, she set off at a swift limp toward the monstorous creature. Her brown spotted pelt bristled and, risking her paw, she leapt at the animal and clung to it's pelt with her unsheathed claws. Trying not to upset her paw further, she dug into the bear's fur with her teeth and claws, but it's fur was so thick she couldn't reach the flesh underneath. The bear gave a huff of annoyance and simply swung its paw back at the ocelot, easily dislodging the already battered cat. Zura was flung from the creature, and she whipped her tail in the air expertly to land on all fours. She heard a yelp from Kazuro and turned to see she was standing right next to him. He easily shook off the sudden jolt of pain and made an effort to stand.

Kazuro watched helplessly as the massive animal tore at the earth of their den, trying to reach Crescent. She was trapped. Then he watched in horror as Zura jumped into action; leaping onto the bear but failing in her attempt to attack it, and was in turn flung from the animal without difficulty. The actual swipe didn't hurt as much; it was when Zura landed beside him on her bad paw that hurt. He yelped in pain, but shook it off immediately when he heard Crescent's howl of agony. "Crescent!" he yelled. Something seemed to click in the brute's mind. Something dangerous. It felt... It felt like his old self, coming alive again. The gray wolf's eyes blazed a deep amber, and in turn all four of his paws caught aflame, burning with a white-hot intensity. Crescent was in danger. The bear had to die. That's all that was going through his mind. Completely forgetting the pain, the massive wolf got to his paws easily, shaking off the loss of breath that followed quickly after. The male's lip curled to reveal his deadly fangs that he now usually kept hidden. He broke into a sprint straight for the bear, closing the distance between them easily. The wolf leapt onto the animal's massive shoulders, it's fur catching fire almost immediately. The bitter scent of burnt hair filled the air around them, and Kazuro reveled in that. The bear roared in agony, sending a thunderous bellow through the forest that rung through the wolf's ears. He bit onto the animal with his fangs and clung to it's seared flesh while the bear vainly attempted to reach the wolf on it's back. The brown animal got onto it's hind legs again, stumbling backward toward Zura who had creeped over to Whisker. Great. Not they were both in trouble. Get OUT of here! Kazuro yelled at his anima who was crouched near the ground, looking up at the two with wide, terrified eyes.

Zura, clearly hearing the order in her mind, turned to Whisker quickly and gave him a nip on his ear; just to get his attention, not hard enough to cause real pain. "We have to go!" she shouted, already limping away. "Kazuro will take care of this; he'll keep Crescent safe! He wants us to leave!" She hoped desperately that Whisker would listen to her, and not refuse as she had done before. The bear, still vainly flailing it's huge paws, stumbled closer and closer to the two cats, with Kazuro hanging on it's back as his paws continued to burn the animal's fur, making it easier to get a hold on it. She knew this fight could turn out in two ways; either Kazuro would eventually win and he bear would run while it still could, or they would both kill each other. Either way, he would keep Crescent safe. And that, as she could hear, was the only thing going on in his head right now.

Last edited by Twilight on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:33 pm

Whisker was frozen with shock from the pain he felt, Crescent had never been hurt physically. he always made sure she was always away from harms way but now, he failed her. He let Crescent feel what Physical pain was, after so much mental anguish she went through. The pain he felt was clear even though he had no wings of his own, but the connection between the two allowed him to feel the suffering she was going through,"C-Crescent" he whispered. He was only able to watch on as Zura lunged at the bear, putting herself in harms way once again. Though her efforts were in vain, she was tossed off of the brown beast af if she were just a mere flea. The continued to the move the earth from the den getting closer and closer to Crescent, was there nothing that could stop it. All seemed hopeless for the fragile white wolf trapped with the bloodthirsty beast, why was this happening to them. what had they done to deserve such a faith so cruel, would they all be killed by this bear? Just then a light caught his eye, then came the heat of flames; he turned to see Kazuro's paws had burst into flames. Whisker was in awe, he had never seen Kazuro do this before, was this his Mutation abilty like Crescent's wings. He looked on as Kazuro jumped on to the bears back, almost instantly causing its pelt to burn. He was so amazed he nearly forgoten the pain Crescent was in, then suddenly he felt a nip on his ear he quickly turned his head to see it was Zura. He turned back to look at Kazuro, "Kazu, you have to come out of this alive ok Crescent can't go through this again. i don't know if she could go through it again." With that he turned and followed Zura leaving Kazuro to deal with the bear alone.

It seemed to last a lifetime, the bears claws slow dragging themselves through her wing. she felt every feather being torn away, and the flesh being ripped through. it was her first taste of "real" pain, She howled in pain once more as the bear's claw reached the end of her now shredded wing. the once beautiful wing that always seem to glow no matter when it was night or day. It now displayed 3 long tares where the bear's claw cut through the feather and flesh. The destroyed den floor was covered with feather and blood her blue eyes were glazed with pain as she looked at the damage that had been done. It would take a long time for her wing to heal, if it ever would heal again. Her breathing was coming in short breaths, she was going into shock. never before had she experienced anything like this before. She felt like she was going to lose herself in this pain, she just wanted it to go away; she wanted Kazuro. she needed him by her side to help her through this pain, "Ka-Kazuro" she called weakly. hoping maybe he would her and come to her aid.
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:06 pm

The bear eventually came to realize that backing into a tree squishes whatever is on it's back. So, stumbling backward quickly, the animal threw itself into the base of a large tree close by. Luckily, Kazuro was ahead of it, and jumped off just in time. The bear roared with frustration; it wasn't going to give this up. This was to the death now. And Kazuro saw that clearly in the bear's eyes, mirroring his own deadly stare. The massive brown animal dropped to all four of it's legs, a burnt spot plainly visible on it's back. It was obvious that the creature was in pain, that wound looked nasty. Kazuro lowered his ears and head, his lip curled high to show off his now blood-stained fangs. The two animals began to circle each other; one going the opposite way. They set off at a slow pace, their eyes locked firmly together, testing each other's strengths and searching for any weaknesses. The bear knew it was at a disadvantage. The only injury Kazuro had sustained was the breath being knocked out of him, but he'd obviously recovered from that. It was dead silent. The birds ceased their chirping with the intensity of the fight, there were no mice scuttling beneath the fallen leaves, there were no squirrels jumping from branch to branch. It was simply a stare down. Then a pained cry for help was uttered from inside the small hole. Kazuro recognised the voice immediately; Crescent. He knew she was hurt but he didn't know how bad the damage was. He wanted nothing more than to lay with her until she was healed again, but this bear was not going to let him do that. One of them was going to die.

Kazuro waited, circling his opponent, until he was standing directly in front of their den. A growl rang from deep within his chest, uttering a strong rumble of warning. The bear simply answered it with one of his own. It wasn't going to give up. With a snarl, Kazuro lifted his head and ran at the bear. It didn't mind; it seemed like it was waiting for this. It charged forward straight for the wolf who had death written all over his face. The bear lunged as the two animals met, and Kazuro dodged swiftly to the side. He followed that with a quick hard bite to it's neck, but couldn't puncture flesh because it's fur was still thick there. Kazuro would have normally backed up and waited for another attack, but he needed an opening on it's neck to finish the animal off. So instead of backing away, the gray wolf clung with his teeth, desperately trying to keep his hold on the fur, and simply reached up with his forepaws to burn a hole through the fur. The scent was revolting, but Kazuro hung on. The bear paniced and reared once again; lifting the wolf from the ground. It raised a huge paw and swiped at the wolf clinging on it's pelt, sending the creature flying. Kazuro was hit hard in the side and hoped that it hadn't broken one of his ribs. Once again, the breath left his lungs as he sailed across the small clearing to come to a sliding rest at the base of a tree. His tongue lolled out the side of his mouth as he tried to get a decent breath and get to his paws, while the bear saw it's opportunity to strike and charged again. Giving a huff of effort, Kazuro narrowly dodged the swipe with the bear's paw as it came sailing across, almost hitting his muzzle. Kazuro saw his target; the burnt spot on the bear's neck. He had to strike. Quickly getting to his paws while the bear was regaining it's balance, Kazuro jumped and struck the bear right on it's neck, his teeth sliding in easily through the scorched flesh.

The bear staggered, on it's hind legs, of course, until it reached, once again, another tree. It could go no further. Kazuro was biting down on it's windpipe; it couldn't breathe. He was going to suffocate it. The bear no longer had the strength to attack; it was concentrating on taking a decent breath. Kazuro could feel every time the animal tried to breathe. It was getting shallower and shallower by the minute. He had to finish it off quick. Crescent needed him. His heart ached, remembering the pain she sounded like she was in. He had to be there for her. The bear slowly slid down the tree, finally falling to the ground in defeat. But Kazuro's jaws were locked; he wasn't going to move until he knew this bear was dead. The massive beast's brown eyes rolled back into it's head, and it's last, shallow, short breath came quickly after. It was over. Kazuro hesitated, but finally released his grip on the animal. A fountain of blood seeped from it's wound as he did so, covering Kazuro's chest and muzzle in crimson. Turning slowly, Kazuro made his way back into the den where Crescent lay. Seeing her, his heart sank, and he fled to her side immediately, wrapping himself around her frail and broken body. "I'm so sorry," he whispered, his paws no longer aflame. His eyes slowly changed to their usual yellow, and he finally closed them. "I couldn't protect you." He rested his head in the crook of her neck and he felt the rise and fall of her chest as she took each breath. He licked her cheek tenderly. Come on, Zura. It's over. Even though this was good news, his voice sounded grave and saddedned.

((Ugh I dun wanna write anymoreeeeee T.T)) Zura, on her way away from the gruesome fight, got the grave thought from Kazuro. She was relieved, but confused. Why did he sound so sad? Kazu... What's going on? she asked. There was no reply. Crescent's injuries couldn't be that bad, could they? She sent a paniced glance at Whisker, but he was still there. If Crescent died, he would be gone. Stifling a sigh of relief, Zura stopped. "Kazu says it's over, we can come back now," she meowed. "We'd better hurry, he didn't sound too good." Zura turned and limped away, back to the den site. As she neared, the scent of burnt fur hung thickly in the air around her. Wrinkling her nose, she pushed onward to meet Kazuro and Crescent. A mass of fur and bloodied and burnt flesh lay clumped beside the bast of her favorite tree, and she stared wide-eyes at it. Kazuro had killed this?! Woah. She knew he was strong, but he took down this. That was something. Zura slowed her pace as she neared the dark hole and peeked inside to see Crescent's broken body lying inside. Her eyes became pained and she sat where she was, flattening her ears and curling her tail around her front paws. She kept silent, waiting for Whisker to join her.

Last edited by Twilight on Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:38 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed by WW xD)
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Crescent was staring out the entrance of the den hoping to see Kazuro come in to comfort her. But all she could hear was the sounds of Roars and growls from what she believed to be the bear, was Kazuro fighting the bear? the pain grew worse, and the pace of her breathing quickened she could feel herself giving into the darkness that was calling to her. Her eye lids slowly began to cover her eyes until she felt darkness consume her then as quick as the darkness came it disappeared. The white wolf opened her eyes but instead of being in the den she was outside in unfamiliar land. she looked around the darkened forest, Where was she, how did she get her. What happened to Kazuro Zura and Whisker, was she all alone. The possibility of being a lone frighted her, she had never truly been alone before. She always had Whisker by her side no matter what she was going though. The white fae looked around frantically, hoping to find anyone near her; As she looked arond the forest it oddly seemed to look familiar to her, like she had been there before. She thought hard, wondering when she so this place. Memories began to fill her head, memories of the old life she ran away, the life should could never return to. But how did she end up her again, an all to familiar scent filled her nose. This scent belonged to her brother Kallik.

The female now felt the wind ruffling her fur as she sprinted toward the scent, she didn't know what to believe. Kallik had died protecting her from a bear, how could he still be alive. But it didn't matter how all that matter was that he was alive and she was going to find him no matter what it took. she weaved in and out of trees rushing past large rocks that where scattered about. Soon her brother was in sight, his fur was as white as hers', but his eyes blazed a glorious amber color. He was staring right at her smiling, "Kallik". she called tears of joy began to fall from her blue orbs. once she reached him she laid her muzzled on his neck, "K-Kallik your alive." Kallik stepped back from Crescent and shook his head, "I am alive Crescent but not in the way you may think. I have been watching over you sis just like i always did when we were just pups." Crescent didn't understand what her brother meant but she listened to him as he continued, "Crescent I know my death as broght you a great deal of pain, i'm sorry for that. But i had no other choice but to put myself between you and the bear, it was the only thing i could think of to do in such a short time. I know you have blamed yourself for my death but never once have i ever accused you for it. If i had to make that very same choice again i would do it once more without hesitation." He took a step closer to Crescent, his amber eyes looking into her blue eyes. he licked her muzzled and smiled at her once more, "you have to let go the past sis, there is someone else here to protect you now, go back to him Crescent and remember i'm always with you." Kallik slowly started to fade away and Crescent was once again surrounded by darkness. Her blue eyes blinked open to see Kazuro by her side, she saw the blood on Kazuro's chest and assumed he was hurt. ignore her own injury she frantically licking his chest.

Whisker continued to follow Zura away from the battle, he longed to be crescent, he had no idea how bad her injury was the pain she was in painted him a pretty good picture. When Zura turned and looked him he was worried something happened to Kazuro but she said Kazuro defeated the bear yet something was still wrong, something must be wrong with crescent were her injuries worse then he though? Whisker followed Zura back to the den keeping keep pace with her as they drew closer the scent of burning fur caught him then the sight of the bear. Whisker stared in awe, he never expected Kazu to kill the bear, he thought all he would have been able to do was drive it off. He shook head reminding himself he needed to check on Crescent, He padded next to Zura and looked inside the den. all it took was on glance at her he flattened his ears and looked down at his paws, "No" he Whispered to himself.
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:14 pm

(This one is a disgrace compared to the other ones xDD)

Kazuro closed his eyes as if when he opened them again everything would correct itself. This has to be a dream, he thought. Everything was so perfect... Suddenly a new feeling caused him to open his eyes. Looking down, he saw Crescent, broken and beaten, trying to tend to his own wounds. The problem was, he wasn't even hurt. At least he thought so. He couldn't feel much right now, the adrenaline of the fight was still coursing through his body. The brute's face became pained as he watched her. She was close to death, and yet she cared more for him. "Crescent..." he whispered. "Stop." He gently nudged her away from licking the bear's blood from his chest and muzzle. "I'm not hurt. That's the bear's blood," he murmured. Suddenly, a dull pain started at his left thigh. The pain grew intensley very quickly, and soon he found himself cringing. He threw a quick glance to his thigh and found a deep wound stretching from the middle of his belly to the middle of his thigh. How had that gotten there? Was the adrinaline pumping through him at the time so intense that he hadn't even felt it? What if he had other wounds? He couldn't feel anything yet, so hopefully not. He kept himself from yelping, not wanting to disturb Crescent. She had to live. "I'm not hurt," he repeated gently. "Rest, Crescent... It'll help."

Zura threw a sidelong glance at Whisker. She could clearly see the mental and physical pain in his eyes, and she leaned into him encouragingly. "It's okay," she murmured. "Crescent will be fine." She really wished she believed that. She felt a stab of pain from Kazuro and looked up. He gave her a warning glare, and she knew what he wanted. They didn't need to know... At least not right now. Kazu had had worse before; the scar on his right leg proved that, but this was agonizing.

Last edited by Twilight on Sat May 02, 2009 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:16 pm

Blood began to stain Crescent's maw as she continued to lick Kazuro's bloodied chest. But she felt someone nudging her away, keeping her from helping the one she loved but then soft voice filled her ears. He wasn't hurt it was just from the bear she felt relived to hear he was unharmed. she leaned her against his chest covering her fur and more crimson blood. He head slowly slid down onto her paws letting her tiredness take over her.

Whisker couldn't bare to she Crescent this why, how could this have happened to someone like her. She was always kind to those she met always understanding why did this have to happen to her. He felt Zura lean against him, her comfort was welcoming, I-I hope you are right Zura."
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Sat May 02, 2009 8:54 pm

Kazuro usually showed little emotion besides playfulness and concern around Crescent, but this time one tear welled up inside his right eye as he watched her slowly fall asleep, her head sliding from his chest to her forepaws. It finally spilled over, leaving a dark brown stain in the dirt ground, as he caught sight of her injuries again. They looked so terrible... She must be in so much pain. He had to be there for her. Laying his head atop hers, he sighed, the air coming in quickly and exiting his lungs slowly in a long, desparing sigh.

Zura flattened her ears at the sight of the two inside the den. "Of course I'm right," she replied simply to Whisker. "I'm always right." Getting to her paws, she slowly padded into the den, her tail dragging on the dusty ground. Once she reached the two, she transformed quickly into a mouse and snuggled deep into Kazuro's fur, feeling warmth and a familiar comfort there that made her heart a little lighter.
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Sat May 02, 2009 9:21 pm

Whisker felt somewhat better after talking to zura she always had a way of cheering him up. his body began to feel numb he could feel most of the parts of his body and he felt weakness coming upon him. is this what Crescent felt like he struggled up to his paws awkwardly moved into the den. he flopped down aganst Crescent falling a sleep.
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Sun May 03, 2009 9:09 pm

--The next day--

Kazuo blinked his eyes open and they closed immediately again, straining against the early morning sunlight that streamed in through the gaping hole that was now the enterance to the den. Huge gouges in the dirt were still clearly visable where the bear had racked away the earth with it's massive claws. Kazuro really hadn't gotten any sleep, even though every molecule of his body said that he was tired. He felt stiff and achy as he struggled to his paws on three legs, not putting any pressure on the one where the thigh was still open, though not bleeding anymore, and carefully picked his way around Crescent, the last thing he wanted was to wake her up, and emerged to the outside world. He could clearly see as well as smell the bear carcass that now had many open wounds on it from scavengers throughout the night having their share of it. There was hardly any meat left. He should have moved this yesterday because of that fact, but now he felt too stiff to hardly even walk at the moment. The slash on his thigh was open, but it really was only a constant, dull pain that spiked immensley if anything touched it. Though the warmth of the sun on his back felt wonderful.

A yawn awoke the ocelot before anything else did, and she was just in time to see Kazuro hobble out of the den on his three legs. She threw a quick glance at Crescent and Whisker, and she got up to join him. She would have hunted early this morning again, but she was so tired after what had happened yesterday that it seemed her internal clock had reset itself. Sitting beside Kazu who was obviously enjoying the warm sunlight, the two shared a long, meaningful look, then Kazu blinked once and they both looked up to the sky together, sitting silently. Sometimes it was funny; the two had established a kind of secret language beyond just mentally talking to eachother, when they were alone, and out of habit still used it once in a while even when it wasn't nessicary. What Kazuro had said was a simple Thanks. You did good yesterday.
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Tue May 05, 2009 9:56 pm

Crescent's breathing was shallow even with a full nights sleep she still felt weak from yesterdays attack. Her heart's beat was slow but steady. anyone that would have saw her at first glanced would have thought she had lost her life. any normal probly would have died but she had a reason to live for, someone to return to. she could give up and leave him alone, Her eyes opened slightly reveling her dulled blue eyes. She could see light filtering into the den, she could no longer feel Kazuro's by her. her eyes seaching around the den but she did not see him, "K-Kazuro" she muttered
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Kazuro turned and bounded back into the den at Crescent's voice. He hadn't expected her to wake up. He once again curled himself around her frail body, being mindful of hisown wound and her's. "I'm here," he murmured and nuzzled her cheek. He sent a glance to Zura and she nodded and headed out the den. "Whisker, are you okay enough to come with me?" she asked, padding to him. "Kazuro wants me to go hunting for us, I was wondering if you could go too."
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Crescent could barely keep here eyes open but, she needed to see Kazuro. she need to see that he was alright, that he would come to her side every time she called him. she smiled weakly as she saw him coming into the den, her whole body ached but somehow she just felt better when he was around, "Kazuro, i saw my brother." her voice was a whisper, it was just about all she could manage now. Whisker was laying curled up with his sleep when Zura, He stood to his paws and Stretched his stuff muscles, I think i'll be ok as long as i don't push myself to much."
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Zura nodded. "Same here," she murmured, lifting her hurt paw off the ground slightly as if she were showing it to him. She could get around on it but it wasn't completely healed. "Then we'll have to catch small prey. It won't be much for all four of us, but once Kazu feels up to it I'm sure he'll go out and hunt something bigger," she said hopefully, trying to work around the fact that Kazu wasn't going to be able to hunt for a while now. She could feel his wound; it was a dull, throbbing pain that wouldn't ease. It reminded her of when he'd recieve his scar on his right leg; how painful that had been. She shook her head and sighed. "Come on," was all that she said when she turned and stalked off for the woods beyond their small camp. She steered clear of the massive hulk of burnt flesh and hair that marked the spot of the bear. It had gathered quite the show of flies and ravens had occasionally been showing up to pick at the remains.

Kazuro, wrapped around his love's body, looked up when she whispered something about her brother. He remembered the stories she used to tell about him; when they'd first met she had compared him to her brother. She had said that he reminded her of him. She must have been dreaming, he thought. "Did you now? Tell me about him. What did he say?" he asked gently. He wanted to keep her busy with talking about something rather than focusing on how painful her wound was.
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Whisker looked at her paw when she lifted it off the ground it. He had no idea Kazuro had been injured as well. those two will be more dependent on them more now then ever. He looked back at the two wolves and side, " why can't things just be easy for us havn't we beenthrough enough." He sighed once more and turned back to Zura He winced as he felt sharp pain in his side that caused him to stagger. That was what crescent was feeling now but at least her heart seemed well. He followed Zura out of the den leaving the to wolves behind.

Crescent managed a smile as Kazuro asked about her brother. "Well..." Her voice was cut short by a sudden pain causing her to clench her teeth. But it soon passed and she continued , "H-he told that his death wasn't my fault, and that i should let go of the past. H-he said he would always watch over me but he couldn't protect me like he did with the bear anymore. That i already and someone here for that and he told me to return to that person." He voice only came to her in whisper but loud enough that Kazuro could hear.
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:48 pm

Kazuro nodded ever so slightly at Crescent's whispered words. "I'm glad. You seemed so guilty over it; it wasn't your fault, though." He nuzzled her cheek gently in encouragement. She must be in so much pain right now; mentally and physically. All he could do for her was be with her and stay at her side as she recovered. Hopefully Zura and Whisker would be back soon.

Outside the den, life seemed to move on. Totall oblivious to the horrors that the two wolves below ground were going through. Birds were even louder today, it seemed. They chirped mercilesly from above, happily going on with their lives. The cawing of crows and the cry of ravens could be heard outside also. They were more than likely enjoying themselves with the bear carcass that was beginning to smell.
    Twilight
    Twilight

Post  Twilight Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:36 pm

Zura trudged on through the forest, each pawstep bringing her and the two following her closer to the den site where the injured Kazu and Crescent were left. Hopefully Kazu wouldn't snap at Soldier right away, but, knowing him, she knew that's exactly what he's going to do. Normally he might not but since he's injured and protecting Crescent, he's bound to be extremely more judgemental. The smell hit her first. It was the scent of death; a smell that no one can forget. Upon entering the tiny clearing with a gaping hole in the ground which housed the two wolves, she looked back at the male who was carrying the fawn. "This is it," she meowed, anxiety coloring her tone.

-----

Kazuro stayed as close as he could to his love, trying his best to comfort her through the pain she was feeling. She was torn up a lot worse than he was. He'd been in a lot of fights befor, but he'd never been hurt that bad. The tear on his thigh was pain enough for him, he couldn't imagine what Crescent was feeling. Closing his eyes, he rested his head atop hers. Zura's voice made them open again, and, looking through his yellow eyes though the gaping hole that was now the enterance, he saw Zura appear and turn to speak to someone behind her. At first he guessed it was just Whisker, but he caught sight of something else; a black form. It took him only a moment to realize that it was a wolf. Quickly, his eyes changing color rapidly from golden yellow to amber, he shot out of the den and blocked the enterance with his body. He, of course, was snarling, but he didn't attack. Yet. Showing off his fangs and the fact that he still had some energy was the best thing he could do right now; he didn't know how he'd do in a fight. Though the fact that the male had a fawn in his jaws made him curious, he said nothing about it. "What are you doing here, pup?" he growled, his head lowering threateningly. If the male dare take another step he'd have himself to deal with.

-----

Soldier followed behind the two, struggling to keep up the pace with the fawn dangling from his jaws. It was a pretty big one, so he was more having to drag it than carry it. His nose was full of the scent from the fawn that he didn't scent the body until he saw it. His eyes widened at the sight of the bear carcass. No way... he thought disbelievingly. Almost at that instant, a wolf exploded from the hole in the ground not too far from him and demanded why he was here. Soldier, despite his pride, dropped the fawn's carcass in front of the other wolf's paws, not daring to take another step, and lowered himself. He hated submitting and grovelling before another wolf, but they needed help and it was his nature to provide security and aid to them. "I'm simply here to help," he answered simply. "I ran into these two while I was out and Zura asked me for help. She told me about you two and I caught the fawn. Though I must say that if they hadn't've been there I don't know what would have happened to me."
    shadowwolf445
    @
    @

Post  shadowwolf445 Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:12 pm

Whisker paws matched Zura's pace the closer they got to Kazu and Crescent the more worried her grew about how he would react. He killed a bear just because she was hurt there was no telling what he could fo to a just a normal old wolf. Whisker glaced back at the male dragging the fawn they worked so hard to catch. The scent of decay filled his nose, they were here. many animals seemed to fest of the festering flesh it almost made shudder. He stood in front of the widened entrance to and looked back at solider.

--

Crescents whole body shook with pain but Kazuro was by her side, and with him there she felt happy even with all the pain she was in. She felt him rest his head on top of hers, his movements caused her some pain and he could help but whimper pitfall. She hope Kazuro hadn't heard her, she sighed and closed blue eyes completely. she gelt tired and needed to rest, she was soon able to drift off to sleep knowing kazuro was still beside her.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:12 am